How to identify the audience for your product? Twitter launches opportunities to monetize content, Instagram borrows the features of other platforms, what platforms to consider for marketers in 2021, and much more from the world of digital marketing in our new episode of the RGray Weekly Marketing Insights and News Digest.
- The audience plays a key role in marketing today, therefore it is extremely important to know what to consider before marketing your product. Check out our digest to get the answers.
- Twitter is rolling out a number of new features, including paid ones. Learn more about what should the users pay for in our weekly digest.
- Instagram, copies ideas of the trending applications: this time, the Clubhouse got under the distribution. Read more about what Instagram has implemented.
- Check out the infographic our team shared with top social media platforms to market your business.
Welcome “Audience Marketing”!
You can’t even think about marketing your product without knowing who your audience is. First of all, you need to identify your potential customers in order to achieve the desired results. This plays a key role when launching a startup or an online store.
The MKT1 newsletter is exactly about this:
“Founders and marketers need a perspective change, we need to think of product marketing as audience marketing.”
Key points to know about your audience:
- Where your audience is mainly looking for the information.
- How does your product fit into the life of your audience? What value does it bring to them?
- What tools your audience uses?
- The main goals and problems of your audience go beyond what your product offers.
- Does your product meet the needs of your audience?
- How competitive and compatible products fulfill the needs of your target audience?
There is no need in developing a marketing plan if you’re aware of each of these fields.
You just need to collect all the pieces into the single one.
Which channel will be used to promote our product?
Is our product having all of the needed features?
What content will be the most relevant for us?
Devote the proper amount of time to identify your audience. Sometimes one of the best ways to define your audience is through testing. You can sit for hours at different sites, collecting all the templates you need.
Because until you start testing and will get real feedback from your audience you will never know their real needs and wants. You will never know what kind of content they want. Or what functionality they want your product to include.
Twitter will no longer be a free platform
Twitter has been a fairly simple platform with no paid functionality for a while. No paid subscriptions, groups, or communities, just people who tweet (often argue and debate) about anything you can think of.
But in the earnings report submitted earlier this year, the premium product was mentioned. And while there is still no word about editable tweets (that everyone is waiting for), Twitter’s announcements posted during Twitter analyst day were huge and promising.
Here’s what happened:
- Twitter will be implementing some features similar to those provided by Patreon, Substack, and Facebook. There are two major updates. First, users will be able to charge their subscribers – through the so-called Super Follow, giving them access to additional content. Second, people could also create and join groups and communities of interest.
- Super Follows are flexible. People can offer paid subscriptions to newsletters, communities, tweets, and more. If you’re one of the influencers on Twitter, your monetization options are skyrocketing.
This can be considered as one of the largest Twitter updates in a long time. It will be interesting to see more details of what the Twitter monetization options will look like. And, fortunately, for marketers, they are quite flexible – it looks like creators can set the prices and perks on their own
This marks the end of Twitter’s era as a long-standing, free, and open-source platform. The update will give you a chance to discover something new if you are a marketer or creator.
Clubhouse on Instagram?
Facebook loves to borrow features from other platforms, and after the Live Rooms were announced yesterday, there is a suspicion that their passion for imitation will not stop.
So what are Live Rooms on Instagram and what do they look like? Here are the details:
- Now it is possible to broadcast live with three other users. That’s double the current capacity of Instagram Live. Thus, Live Rooms will be more like conversation clubs than one or two people talking to a camera.
- This is a timely update. The popularity of the Clubhouse is growing rapidly and Twitter is successfully implementing the Spaces feature, so we can’t blame Instagram for joining this chatting club party. In fact, Twitter’s new feature is almost the same as the Clubhouse and the new Instagram feature.
What it means for marketers: The add-on functionality in Instagram Live enables conferences, webinars, and Q&A sessions with experts to reach a wider audience.
The 8 Best Social Media Platforms to Market Your Business in 2021 [Infographic]
Are you thinking about your social media attack strategy for the upcoming year? Do you want to learn about the best social media platforms for small business growth?
Our team has prepared an infographic telling about each social media stats you need to know for sure.
Here comes the list:
For more details, check the infographic below.