Brands tricking their customers on April Fool’s Day, great methods of writing outstanding content, Facebook latest news, how businesses work with SMM, and much more from the world of digital marketing in our new episode of the RGray Weekly Marketing Insights and News Digest.
- This year April Fool’s Day wasn’t missed! Find out more in our weekly digest about how the brands tricked their customers.
- Wondering how to write high-quality content? The Animalz team explained their methods and we shared them with you. Check out our digest for more details!
- Facebook will never leave us without news. This time we were reminded about the 2019 data leak and a new type of advertising. Read more in our digest.
- What approach do SMBs use in SMM? Check out the results in our digest.
April Fools Day hasn’t passed by
If we go back a year, then we can remember that April Fools’ day on the Internet seemed to have passed us by. Quarantine is to blame (sorry to remind!).
But this year everything cooled down and many brands decided to seize the opportunity and return to April Fool’s jokes. Here are the best ones:
- The Teletubbies have launched a fake cryptocurrency called TubbyCoin. Quite an unexpected joke, isn’t it? It’s worth mentioning that for every tweet using the #TubbyCoin custom hashtag, the Teletubbies’ parent company pledged a $1 CAD donation to Kids Help Phone.
- Duolingo advertised toilet paper for language learning. To do this, they even created a landing page on their website for this product. There is a “Buy Now” button, which prompts you to create an account when you press it. So, to sum up, it was a smart move to make people subscribe. Though Twitter users got a little angry because they were waiting for real toilet paper.
- Bud Light invented the taste of the “Anchovy Pizza” seltzer flavor. Of course, they were not produced, but people on Twitter have already uncovered their wallets to buy it.
The EX5 method to writing high-quality content
The EX5 is unfortunately not a real name. (But it sounds cool, doesn’t it?)
In truth, this is called the Animalz Method, because the Animalz team uses this method to create high-quality content.
The process consists of 5 points. Every point begins with the letter ‘’E’’, which is where the name EX5 comes from.
Here they are:
- Examine your reader: go beyond your buyer personas. Know them as your loved ones. And the best way to do this would be a real-life meeting.
Here are some of the questions to ask them:
- How does your day usually go?
- Would you like to change your role in life? If yes, how?
- What social media groups are you in?
- What was the last work-related question you googled?
- Explain your topic simply: It sounds primitive, but write as if you want to explain something to a small child. Note! Don’t feel like your reader is stupid, just try to simplify your text.
- Engage your reader: Heading, text, layout, and formatting. Do everything with the ‘’reader in mind’’. Your task is to attract them, keep them interested and make them read the whole message.
Here are some suggestions:
- Use an interesting presentation.
- Use headings that make it easier to scan your article.
- Write a conclusion suggesting something extra.
- Add lists, pictures, graphics to your text.
- Engineer a logical structure: Lead your reader to the very end by convincing your thesis. Try not to duplicate your ideas or overlook important details.
- Earn your reader’s trust: Confirm your statements. Here are three ways to make your text trustworthy:
- Explain the principle behind your topic.
- Use math – it is credible.
- Spread your readers’ imaginations with new examples of what they are already familiar with.
Facebook’s new dynamic ad and data leak
The new Facebook update is called “Dynamic Ads for Streaming”. Its main purpose is to allow streaming video brands to show the right headlines to the right audience.
We all know the regular Facebook Dynamic Ads, don’t we? The ones that are used by e-commerce sites to dynamically display a specific product to a specific audience.
These are similar but designed for streaming sites.
Now you can create unique ads for each streaming title on your website, so that Facebook, in turn, will show the best content in its opinion, which can be converted.
This type of advertising is available to all video streaming companies around the world.
Facebook, also, boasts a pop-up old data breach. Why old? Let’s figure it out.
Back in 2019, there was a data leak, where about 400 million mobile numbers were leaked.
And, last weekend, it became known from Business Insider that 533 million platform users have lost their personal data on the Internet.
If you notice this news, keep in mind that this is all part of a long-forgotten 2019 leak. The only problem is that the leaks are getting bigger than we thought. But, according to Facebook, the problem has already been fixed.
How SMBs are Tackling Social Media Marketing [Infographic]
Where do you get your knowledge about SMM and its techniques?
Do you hear about them from other people or business owners? Do you test them and analyze the result?
There are many approaches to learning and implementing digital marketing technologies. But there is no right approach.
SkyNova recently conducted a survey of 400 entrepreneurs to understand their approach to SMM.
Here are the outcomes of the research:
- 89% of entrepreneurs said they rely on themselves for social media support.
- Facebook remains the main business platform for the vast majority of business owners.
- TikTok is the platform that business owners want to hack the most right now.
Our team decided to collect all the results in an infographic presented below.