Facebook’s advice on how to generate better creatives, what can happen if you treat LinkedIn as Twitter, YouTube wants to personalize videos for users, how to create evergreen content, and much more from the world of digital marketing in our new episode of the RGray Weekly Marketing Insights and News Digest.
- If you were wondering how to create outstanding creatives to make cool ad campaigns then read our digest to find out what is interesting in “Creative guidance Navigator” made by Facebook.
- Imagine you use LinkedIn as if you are using Twitter: you will generate $20K! Check out our digest to have all the doubts gone.
- YouTube heard people shouting that the homepage with recommendations is out of date! Therefore, they decided to enhance it. See our new digest to find out how they solved the problem.
- If you don’t know what evergreen content is or don’t know how to create it then check the infographic that we prepared for you to get some new insights.
Facebook has some data-backed tips for better ad creatives
There is one quite annoying moment: everyone says that you need to make cool creatives, but no one explains or shows how to do it.
Facebook recently announced a catalog of data-driven best practices for creating quality advertising campaigns called “Creative Guidance Navigator”.
There is plenty of interesting information collected there. Here come the tips which we liked the most:
- Combine video and static content. Ad campaigns that only contained only video or video + static outperformed the static-only ads in 7 out of 10 studies.
- Instead of optimizing your existing creative for stories, create a “stories-first creative”. In A/B testing, a creative that was initially focused on Stories was more successful in terms of increasing conversions and had a 12% lower average CPA.
In case you didn’t know: Better creatives=Higher ROI! Facebook says: “We found that gaming ads with above-average ad quality scores had a 58% lower average cost per install and a 32 percent lower average cost per purchase compared to ads with quality scores in the lowest 10%”.
Now it’s your time to enhance your creatives by implementing these tips!
How to generate $20k in 9 hours by treating LinkedIn like Twitter
This is the experience Justin Welsh learned from the Linkedin product launch. The main point of this is to treat LinkedIn as Twitter. But, that’s not necessarily self-explanatory.
Let’s take a look at some details:
- Marketers complain that LinkedIn has a lot of incomprehensible content. Make it your advantage and stand out from the crowd!
- Be bold: Don’t be afraid to sound bold like Twitter users, because LinkedIn has more formalities as they are afraid of what their boss will say. If you can be mildly polarizing, then you will definitely stand out among the flock of similar posts.
- Be consistent and patient: Justin Welsh has been publishing every day for a month, which has helped him build an audience of more than 100,000 people even before launch.
- Use your profile effectively: Use the “featured section” of your profile to add CTAs.
- Prepare your one-shot: At 7:15 AM on launch day, Justin shared a post that advertises his new course. He immediately asked his LinkedIn Discord followers to support him. Thus, the reach of the publication has risen. Though, we do not recommend using this tactic more than once a year!
- Engage like hell: On launch day, Justin spent 6 hours in a row communicating with people by responding to comments, private messages, and emails.
- Hit your email list: Right after posting at 7:15 am, Justin followed up with an email to nearly 7,000 people.
- Collect social proof in real-time: Justin collected all the positive comments on his morning posting on Linkedin and added them to the real-time sales page. The more comments were added, the higher the conversion rate was.
We underestimate LinkedIn and the use of its capabilities! And this post is the proof for that.
YouTube wants to give videos more exposure
YouTube did not leave us without interesting updates. We were notified of a “new to you” tab, where we can open new video options created especially for us.
Why We Care: YouTube video discoverability can be tricky. For example, a video on TikTok can go viral and get millions of views, all within one application. It’s not that simple on YouTube.
But a new update with a new tab could change things dramatically.
How this differs from the homepage recommendations: Recently, users have been complaining that the recommendation homepage is out of date. The same videos, the same authors, all the same. Therefore, YouTube decided to change the situation.
How it differs from the “Explore” tab: In the “Explore” tab, you’ll find popular videos in a specific niche. Though they are not selected according to your preferences. The New to You tab will try to find a balance between showing you new and relevant videos.
New Insights on How to Create Evergreen Content [Infographic]
To improve the performance of your website, it is important to maintain a regular flow of content. Evergreen content can help you increase your page rank and support the SEO process.
Evergreen content is search-optimized content that is continually relevant and stays “fresh” for readers over a long period of time.
But how do you create quality evergreen content? BuzzSumo’s team analyzed 3.65 billion posts to identify key trends that will help create evergreen content.
And we have prepared an infographic for you with all the key ideas in one place.