Reddit is going to be TikTok’s copy, SEO lessons you should consider, how to “send direct messages” to Google about indexation problems, tactics on how to maintain your existing customers, and much more from the world of digital marketing in our new episode of the RGray Weekly Marketing Insights and News Digest.
- Reddit is launching a “TikTok” feature. Are they trying to chase its success on being the most downloaded app? Check out for details in the digest.
- SEO has always been one of the most significant parts of IT startups. Glad now we can learn new information provided by others. Read the digest to find out the lessons taught by Hrishikesh Pardeshi.
- If you are trying to deal with indexation problems, then you can contact Google directly. How? Figure this out in digest.
- Check out our new infographic with 7 tactics to increase your CLV.
Reddit is trying to copy TikTok. This is good for marketers
We foresaw this. Back in December, Reddit acquired Dubsmash, a short video platform similar to TikTok.
Seven months later …
Reddit just announced the launch of a TikTok-style video stream in its iOS app. You can access this channel by clicking the button next to the search bar.
Why we care: Greater organic reach. Currently, if you want to access Reddit, you are limited in the context of a specific subreddit. Thanks to this feature, your content can potentially be viewed by all Reddit users. So if your video becomes popular in / r / personalfinance, people from / r / financial or / r / economy may also see it.
A month ago, it was reported on how Reddit is turning into Facebook (but in a good way). The platform wants to break the subreddit chain and use AI to determine what content to show to its users. This is great news if you want to increase your organic reach.
The short video is huge: TikTok is the most downloaded mobile app for the sixth month in a row. According to Mark Zuckerberg, Instagram Reels is the platform’s “biggest engagement driver”. Also, YouTube Shorts is now 15 5 billion daily views. If Reddit does this right, we wouldn’t be surprised if they reach similar numbers.
$2M SEO lessons
These came from Hrishikesh Pardeshi after his startup grew from $0 to $ 2 million in revenue and 400k monthly visits in organic traffic.
There are 29 lessons, and some of them are quite simple. The rest will surprise you.
Just take a look at a few of them:
- Organic traffic is the best kind of traffic you can get. However, the conversion rate is not as high as that of paid traffic.
- Work on increasing your site’s authority from day one. The higher the authority of your site, the more chances you have for a higher ranking.
- Guest posts are the best way to boost your site’s authority. Set up a process for opportunity exploration, reach automation, diagramming, and content writing.
- Establish relevant authority. After you rate a few pages on a topic, chances are that Google will favor the rest of your content over other websites on that topic.
- Content creators love to link to data and analysis. Create content like this to get links organically.
- Internal links are the best way to improve your rankings. Get SEO juice from the top pages to spill over to other pages.
- Don’t use orphan links. Make sure there is at least one internal link on every page.
- Conduct a regular SEO audit of your site and fix bugs.
- When you find the right keywords, half of your job is done. But you still need quality content.
- Update and optimize old posts. Avoid lagging behind the competition just because you haven’t updated your content.
- The easiest way to get more traffic is to optimize pages that are already ranking in one country over other countries.
- Never use subdomains. Google treats them as separate websites. Use subfolders.
- Don’t rely solely on SEO. Diversify your traffic sources. Other organic channels are social media, Reddit, ProductHunt, HackerNews, etc.
You can now directly complain to Google about not being indexed
“It’s not me, Google. This is a problem with your indexing. “
If you can’t index your web pages (and it’s not your fault), Google now lets you contact them directly.
Availability: This tool is currently only available to US webmasters with English-language websites, but Google plans to expand access to it in the future.
This is a good move from Google, although we are confident that most of the entries will be from people who are truly responsible for their indexing issues. We hope that Google has already thought about this and has mechanisms in place to exclude such requests.
7 Tactics to Increase Customer Lifetime Value [Infographic]
Winning new business is key, but maintaining existing customer relationships can be even more valuable, especially if you are dealing with products – services that have a lot of added potential or meet recurring needs.
Thus, considering your customer’s lifetime value (CLV) is an essential element of any effective marketing plan. Not only is this the latest shiny addition you want to get attention about, but you also want to build a brand community by providing direct connections and communication options that can turn your brand fans into true advocates.
We’ve prepared an infographic for you with tips on how to increase your CLV.
Check it out below.