How to create an outstanding Twitter account and monetize it? Spotify giving new advertising opportunities, the new iOS with ATT fully changing the advertising, efficient work of e-commerce brands on Instagram, and much more from the world of digital marketing in our new episode of the RGray Weekly Marketing Insights and News Digest.
- Spotify is giving access for advertisers to run ads in podcasts and expands its audience network. See more details in our digest.
- Find out more on how to develop and monetize your Twitter account in our weekly digest.
- Learn more about the launch of new updates for iOS 15.5 with ATT and about already gathered data on the update.
- E-commerce brands find Instagram a highly appealing platform to sell goods. Therefore, make sure to check the infographic we prepared for you on how to bring your e-commerce Instagram page to a new level.
Spotify opens access to monetization
Spotify recently opened up a number of options to monetize podcasts.
What is the key feature? The platform enables podcasters to post episodes over a paywall and charge a fee for them.
Though, by the end of the announcement, another really high-value function, which plays even more important role for marketers and advertisers, was reported: Spotify is expanding its audience network, which they launched months earlier.
What is the Spotify Audience Network? Think of Facebook ads, just the ones for the podcasts. In general, it is a marketplace for advertisers and podcasters. Spotify guarantees efficiency because they own the data on the millions of available podcasts and their audiences.
The main idea for marketers here is to define the target audience on the platform by demographics and interests and then, choose places to post and start broadcasting ads in podcasts. After that, it will be possible to track the effectiveness of advertising and see what brings the greatest ROI.
What’s New: From May 1, the audience network for new authors will be available.
What does it mean for marketers: More podcasts to run ads.
With these changes, podcast ads can be a good way for you to drive traffic.
Zero to Twitter hero
Sean Anthony invested $716 in his development and monetization courses on Twitter. He learned at least one valuable lesson from each course. And here they come:
- Turn your profile into a landing page. Points worth paying attention to:
- Biography: It should make it clear for people who you are and why they should follow you.
- Pinned Tweet: The goal is to attract users to your account and get them to stay there. Better to create a master thread and post it so that readers would be stuck for a while.
- Profile photo: You can either put your photo or take a more niche-related one. The first option is designed for sales and building solutions while the second one for the niche topics.
- Cover photo: If your goal is to engage your audience, then use a photo that tells people about you as a person. If you want to sell a product, then use the photo to tell what you are doing.
- Identify three main topics that you will focus on Twitter. They may change over time, but this is a great start.
- Create a swipe file of tweets that interest you. Check them out whenever you lack inspiration.
- Start tweeting: 2-4 tweets a day is a good start. But if you have less than 1000 followers, then focus on commenting on the larger accounts.
- Creating engaging tweets is a skill that will come with time. But best of all would be to find the problem your audience is facing and display it in your tweets.
- Create a proposal that solves a specific problem. It can be NFT, SaaS company, coaching, consulting, course.
- Sell your offer: Before creating an offer, launch a promotion and set a clear deadline for early-bird pricing. Create a promo where you fully describe your product: from how to use it to what changes it brings to users. But, if you have no sales, then change your offer.
- Consistency wins on Twitter: no matter whether it’s writing or selling.
Now go and start tweeting!
The new advertising era starts
Apple has finally launched a new iOS 14.5 update with the promised ATT.
It’s all about choice: Apple released a video where they tell about the new prompts users will see and why they will see them. The topic of the video is “choice”, which indicates that the user decides himself which applications can share their data with advertisers.
The repercussions so far: By tracking the effects of this update, the conclusion can be made so far that advertisers complain about rising CPM costs which results in many companies abandoning iOS in favor of advertising to Android users.
What’s next: As more users update to the latest iOS version, we want to see clearer data on how many people, as a percentage, agree to be tracked versus those who opt-out.
4 Ways to Amplify Your Customer Experience on Instagram in 2021 [Infographic]
E-commerce brands use Instagram to attract customers, grow audiences, and engage with existing ones.
According to surveys, more than 2 million companies connect with people through Instagram, and 81% of respondents in the Facebook survey said that Instagram is like an assistant in the research of products and services.
This indicates that Instagram has changed the way people shop and with Instagram, Shopping people can make a purchase directly from your posts.
In the infographic below, we’ll show you how you can take your e-commerce brand on Instagram to the next level.