How to find your love via Facebook? Is it possible to use LinkedIn Stories for your content approach? The United States government sued Google for violating antitrust laws, increasing CTR of your pages as one of the methods to higher the number of clicks your website gets, and much more from the world of digital marketing in our new episode of the RGray Weekly Marketing Insights and News Digest.
- With the United States wanting to alter the way Google does business, it was reported that Google will be sued for violating antitrust laws. Google has already replied to the key accusations. Read more about what they come to in our article.
- If you are curious about how to get more clicks to your website, by some other means than ranking first on Google, which is truly hard, check out our weekly digest with some suggestions to this problem.
- Facebook launched its new relationship-finding element in Europe, with already 1.5 billion matches. Learn more about it in our article below.
- After becoming extremely popular on both Instagram and Facebook, the Stories option was launched on LinkedIn as well, and it is most likely to become the new way to improve your engagement on the platform. See the infographic our team shared with some ways you can use to promote your business throughout the LinkedIn Stories
1. The United States officially sues Google
The United States government was threatening lawsuits against the major tech companies for the past couple of months.
After the Department of Justice reported that Google will be sued for violating antitrust laws the situation became even more tensioned.
Google has already replied to key accusations and here is what they come to:
· Companies are getting paid for advertising and featuring Google’s services, and in some cases, even making it impossible to delete the applications with Google on them. Google confirmed it and brought an example of the supermarkets as its defence: “we pay to promote our services just like a cereal brand might pay a supermarket.”
· Google pushes people to use its services. This is what the US government is most concerned about, because many users have no idea how to opt-out. What Google responded was that “people don’t use Google because they have to, they use it because they choose to.”
There were a lot more allegations which are listed in the full statement, but we highlighted two main arguments against Google above.
Anyway, even though this will definitely influence marketers, for now there is no need to worry because usually the similar lawsuits take years (or even decades) to resolve.
2. How to get more clicks without improving your ranking?
For sure, being the first to rank on Google is really great, but it is also really difficult. That’s why, there are some other methods to higher the number of clicks your website gets.
Increasing CTR of your pages is one of them and we in this article, we will guide you on this process.
First of all, you need to collect the CTR data on your top pages and queries. After, you should define the low performing pages for your relevant queries.
This may lead you to two different paths: either poor-performing pages ranking for meaningful queries related to your company or poor-performing pages ranking for pointless queries.
Two different solutions need to be figured out. So, for the first case:
– When relevant pages are ranking for meaningful queries: here come some factors for poor CTR that you have no chances to regulate:
· A considerable number of commercials were added to the result page.
· The search aim is achieved by the search result page which leads to non-clicks.
· If the SERP features are implemented, that are not leveraged but which cannot be used
But there are other causes you have control over, like:
Though, there are some other factors over which you may have some power, such as:
· Not related or inappropriate title and meta descriptions that can be improved.
· Adding SERP features that you’re not leveraging but that you could be.
– When a non-relevant page for your meaningful queries is ranked:
· A non-relevant page is ranking due to cannibalization issues: You need to figure out whether the ranked page is cannibalizing the duplicate or it is meant to rank for a different meaningful query.
· The indexable, structured page is excluded which makes a non-relevant page to rank.
There are a lot more steps to take and tools to use to solve these issues, take a look at the full blog post to see more of them!
3. Facebook Launches Facebook Dating in Europe
Several days ago Facebook launched its new feature Facebook Dating in Europe.
Since the launch, already 1.5 billion matches have been created in the 20 countries where the feature has recently become available.
You should create the separate Dating profile, in order to keep your personal details apart. After, Facebook will use the large databases to match the users according to their preferences and habits, which actually makes total sense that Facebook can help to find the one for you.
It was shown that Facebook likes can tell a lot more about you in terms of your interests and preferences than even your family or friends.
More recent dating additions include Stories and ‘Virtual Dates’:
What is more the Stories and ‘Virtual Dates’ options were included, which means that you can start a video chat with your match by clicking on the video sign, and if he accepts an invitation, you will get a video call and a possibility to know each other better.
Eventually, it becomes possible to find your love via Facebook, which is maybe not so accurate to say for now, but with already 1.5 billion matches, this feature seems to gain a huge success soon.
4. How to Use LinkedIn Stories to Promote Your Business [Infographic]
Have you checked the LinkedIn Stories already?
Last month, the new option was launched by LinkedIn, which allows the users to reach their audience by sharing stories.
Stories gained huge success on both Instagram and Facebook, and are most likely to become the new way to improve your engagement on LinkedIn as well.
How to use LinkedIn Stories for your content approach?
Our team shared the infographic with some ways which you can use to promote your business throughout the LinkedIn Stories. It is definitely helpful to know!