The outcomes of Cyber Monday, growing a Youtube channel, tips for establishing an e-commerce brand, relevant statistics, key tactics, and the best platforms to boost your performance indicators, and much more from the world of digital marketing in our new episode of the RGray Weekly Marketing Insights and News Digest.
- Take a look at the results of the largest shopping day in history and at some observations, marketers made based on its outcomes in our weekly digest below.
- Check out the tips for the newborn Youtubers from the entrepreneur and founder of Beardbrand – Eric Bandholz, who reached 1.6M subscribers on his channel in our article below.
- Learn several useful tips that you should know before establishing an e-commerce brand in our digest.
- See the infographic that we shared below with some tips for effective email marketing and how to choose and what are the best email marketing platforms.
Cyber Monday numbers
The beginning of Cyber Monday was quite slow for e-commerce websites but ended with a powerful splash of sales in the evening. So, what were the results?
Even though Cyber Monday wasn’t as large-scale as it was predicted by some sources, it fixed its status as the largest online shopping day in history:
- The overall Cyber Monday sales were $10.8B. The previous record was $9.4B set on the last Cyber Monday in 2019. It has even beat Black Friday’s sales. According to Amazon, Echo Dot and new Obama memoirs were the best selling products.
- Shopify sales exceeded $5.1B during theCyber Monday. This was an overwhelming success for Shopify, which is continuing to make huge profits, as e-commerce growth accelerates.
Here come several Black Friday Cyber Monday observations from marketers:
- Videos were beaten up by still images. Savannah Sanchez reports that campaigns with still images outperformed campaigns with videos. Is this a result of user’s burnout due to the large number of videos lately?
- Cyber Monday wasn’t more profitable than Black Friday for everyone. Jeremy Sonne mentioned on Twitter that Cyber Monday was 10% slower than Black Friday for most of his brands while Andrew Foxwell said that sales were growing gradually throughout the day.
It is estimated that the biggest and craziest sales days passed for most brands but, anyway, next weeks still remain the best time as people buy holiday gifts!
By the way, the RGray’s Black Friday offer – a discount on two packages for starting your own business: Identity Package & Landing Page – is still on, so hurry up!
Our Identity package includes providing 3 logo options to choose from, development in 14-20 days, selection of color and font, 2 branded items, and Brand Identity Guide while the Landing package is aimed at offering a web design, layout, content, analytics, and development services.
The real-life lesson about growing a YouTube channel to more than 1 million subscribers
To this day, the number of subscribers on your channel is one of the best ways to measure your popularity on YouTube.
Eric Bandholz, entrepreneur and founder of Beardbrand, has 1.6M subscribers on his YouTube channel, which is a really high rate according to YouTube’s standards.
In his point of view, you need to go through the learning curve and a low viewership period, if you want to get huge exposure in the future.
So, that’s what he learned from his journey:
There are two things you need to know first:
1. How long do viewers watch the thumbnail for the video?
2. How often do they move on to watch the full video?
Then you need to analyze key indicators such as:
Click-through Rate (CTR)
To improve CTR you need to tell a story via your thumbnail and attract attention with a title.
- If you have a face in the thumbnail, make it large and with an appropriate expression.
- Use minimum text in the image.
- Make sure that thumbnail content is in the video.
- Add keywords in the title.
Average View Duration
Create content anywhere between 8 and 30 minutes. Remember, the longer the video, the more advertising it includes.
- Use a playlist if you want to make users stay on a platform.
- Don’t leave comments out. Be in contact with your audience.
After you dealt with organic reach you can get YouTube ads. In this case, you need to create content that is better than the video the user was about to watch.
- Create an account in Google Ads. It helps you to reach an audience that is interested in your channel.
- Then, the first five seconds of the video must contain the most interesting content from your video. In order to make people watch it till the end.
- To improve performance and lower the cost per view of your ads, the video should be watched for at least 30 seconds.
- Keep that in mind: engaging is about inspiring, something new and interesting for viewers.
So, no instant results! But if you go a certain way, focus on creating engaging content that will lead to higher engagement and you will get a huge audience on your YouTube channel.
Check yourself before you wreck yourself
Nowadays, it is quite common to have a desire to go directly for e-commerce but it’s for sure more difficult to actually create an e-commerce brand. Gladly, lots of entrepreneurs have a great experience in this area, which they are seeking to share.
It would be useful for the newborns to listen to successful business owners about what they didn’t know before they started.
The founder of the Beardbrand, Eric Bandholz, recently posted on Twitter a list of things he would like to know before establishing his company. The thread is rather long, but we picked the key points out of it:
- Do not go crazy. Eric recommends focusing on the most profitable products and on the domestic market before thinking about entering any other markets.
- Email Marketing is initial. Create an automated email flows – it’s worth it. Eric claims that the best way to get a customer’s contact information is to sell products.
- Keep everything inside the company. Eric’s recommendation is to create ads on your own and not to sign long-term contracts with vendors unless you were already cooperating for a certain period of time.
There are some other valuable pieces of advice from Eric Beardbrand. Read more here!
Top Email Marketing platforms for small businesses [Infographic]
It is obvious that the large increase in social media presence in our lives has changed the way businesses keep in touch with their customers.
Nevertheless, email marketing still remains one of the most successful in terms of informing than any other social platform.
Why Email marketing is somewhat more detailed? First of all, users provide their contact details which leads you to the conclusion that you are sharing posts, updates, and other information with a more open and engaging audience. The difficulty is to benefit from that interest by approving your emails with the audience, to optimize email openings, and increase response rates.
To achieve high results, you need to pick the appropriate approach and use the right tools.
Read the infographic below to get acquainted with relevant statistics, key tactics, and the best platforms to boost your performance indicators: