Are you looking for practical ways to improve your site’s organic search rankings? Then Article Marketing can be of great help to you.
With our Article Marketing tips, you can increase the visibility of your targeted keywords, attract more inbound links, optimize traffic for long-tail keywords, make your site more searchable, increase awareness, generate leads, and conversions. According to Aberdeen conversion rates are nearly 6x higher for content marketing adopters than non-adopters (2.9% vs 0.5%).
Does this sound useful for your site?
Yes, it does! And in this article, we will delve deeper into the world of article marketing to understand how it can help your site achieve an optimal presence on search engine results pages.
So, let’s get started!
What is Article Marketing?
Have you ever wondered how the articles you read on the Internet, for example about cars, or how reviews of a phone you are about to buy, reach you?
Well, these articles are sold with proper strategic planning, so that they reach you or, more simply, engage the audience.
This entire process or campaign of planning and presenting articles to an audience is known as article marketing.
While it sounds pretty smooth and straightforward to make articles available to your audience, the reality is the opposite. On the inside, the process requires a lot of hard work, management, and preparation before it goes viral.
Article Marketing is the process of creating articles for the general public.
Let’s now dive deeper into article marketing and understand what goals are achieved with well-planned article marketing campaigns.
Article marketing campaign goals
As stated above, the main goal of article marketing is to attract new audiences.
Apart from this, another goal is to increase the number of leads and increase the sales of the products or services offered by a site.
It is very important to have great and useful content to maintain the audience on the site and stabilize the performance.
Here, you need to think: what is the use of increasing traffic?
The answer to this question is that as traffic to a web page increases, the page rank on search engines improves. Thus, more people will see the site on their search engines due to the increased demand.
How to Do Article Marketing (in 6 Steps)
1. Identify your market niche. Your niche will determine the type of articles you write since all articles you publish as part of your marketing strategy should testify to your experience and inspire Internet users interested in your particular product, service, or topic to visit your site. For example, if your website is a cryptocurrency blog, all your articles should be relevant to this topic.
2. Choose article titles. The headlines you use are extremely important when it comes to attracting viewers and improving your search engine optimization (SEO), so you should exercise caution when choosing them. There are several factors that go into creating strong SEO-optimized headlines:
- Headings should be as short and concise as possible and accurately reflect the information that can be found in the article. Don’t make the mistake of choosing a catchy headline to get attention if the content of the article doesn’t match.
- To incorporate SEO into your article marketing strategy: research keywords to select headlines that web users are likely to search for (high search volume) and have low competition.
- Place keywords at the beginning of your headlines, not at the end. For example, an article titled “5 Fun Ways to Teach a Crocodile to Sing” would be more aptly titled “Teach a Crocodile to Sing: 5 Fun Ways.”
- Find ideas for marketing article headlines from a variety of sources. In addition to keyword research, you can find headline ideas by searching related blogs, using customer FAQs, and searching the web for your keywords, articles, and/or blogs.
3. Write quality articles. Your article marketing will be as effective as the articles themselves because low-quality articles are less likely to grab attention and lead visitors to your site:
- When writing articles, forget about the correct “writing” that you learned in school. Big chunks of content will scare your readers. Write your content as if you were talking to a friend. The more interesting your content is, the more visitors and sales it will bring.
- If the publisher allows you to link to your own website in an article, body copy is a great place to insert backlinks from marketing articles.
- Articles should have between 250 and 500 words. Research shows that most Internet users are less likely to read articles for longer than this period.
- End your articles with a short (2-3 sentences) author bio containing a link to your site. This part is essential for generating article backlinks that can improve your site’s SEO. Depending on the publisher, your bio may appear at the end of an article on a web page or in the “resource box” area.
Here is an example of how we insert a link to our website in the author bio while performing guest posting for one of our clients:
4. Share your articles on social media. Also, place social media post buttons on all of your web pages so that others can share your articles.
5. Submit articles to article directories. Search online article directories to find sites that will accept and publish your articles. Include both niche and general terms in your searches to find many suitable sites to submit.
Spin or rewrite your articles if you plan to publish them on multiple sites. Search engines may not rank high for duplicate content, so you must redo each article before publishing it in multiple sources on the Internet.
By doing this, you will get traffic to your website: With the links you are allowed to include in your articles and the fields with your author’s bio, you have created a doorway for readers who can click on links to go to your website. When styled in an interesting way, these links will lead readers to your website, especially when website owners choose your articles to post on their own website and repost all over the Internet.
6. Write guest posts for blogs. Find blogs relevant to your niche and ask them whether they accept guest posts. When you find blogs that want to introduce you as a guest writer, submit high-quality articles with your bio and link.
Pros of Article Marketing
The main benefit of online article marketing is that it helps you effectively improve your organic search results.
Here are the ways how it is done:
- Article marketing specifically emphasizes key phrases that are of great importance and improve its visibility.
- Article marketing not only attracts audiences based on targeted keywords but even gathers audiences for other keywords.
- One of his main tasks is to build a reputation through promotion and awareness-raising.
- This helps to give the site a unique look and feel and makes it user-friendly.
- It even attracts more audiences by driving inbound links to the site.
Article Marketing Summing Up!
Article Marketing is a form of marketing in which articles are strategically placed on the Internet to promote a specific website.
The idea is to generate interest in your site, build trust as an expert in your niche, and create backlinks to your site that will improve its search engine rankings.
The advantage of article marketing is that it’s relatively easy to implement and doesn’t require any costs.