The entire new study on YouTube Culture and Trends for 2020, TikTok’s updates, useful tips to develop your personal brand, prepare your 2021 strategy with the marketing calendar for the upcoming year, and much more from the world of digital marketing in our new episode of the RGray Weekly Marketing Insights and News Digest.
- Based on the current urgent circumstances which forced everyone to stay at home, Youtube spotted some key changes in the current video trends and shared the insights with three main topics within the new video changes. Learn more about the alterings in our article.
- See how TikTok enhanced its business services and what helpful tools were added to the platform in our weekly digest below.
- Take a look at our article below to find the methods to grow and distinguish your personal brand from the others.
- Check out the 2021 calendar, we have prepared for you, to start planning out a preliminary strategy and stay on top of all key occasions.
YouTube shares new insights into emerging video trends
YouTube shared some new insights into global video trends, claiming that they have changed dramatically over the course of 2020.
That makes sense, given that everyone has been locked inside with restricted entertainment options. On that basis, YouTube has found out some key changes derived from both its own research and Ipsos MORI survey insights.
Based on its studies, YouTube has identified three main topics within the new video changes:
- How the content creator model has evolved
- How the video gets more interactive
- The evolution of digital media to help us with personal and social challenges
The new, interactive study looks at each component in-depth by using a series of videos discussing various elements.
Also, there are data notes to highlight the results of each trend.
Inside the dataset, there is a heap of useful pointers and notes with unique trends and usage statistics that could help define your video strategy.
The analysis highlights how online video consumption is evolving more widely (which may not directly apply to your business). But the ways people use video can give you a different viewpoint on what your audience is searching for.
Check out the entire study on YouTube Culture and Trends for 2020 here. It’s certainly worth a look if you’re trying to enhance your YouTube approach for next year.
New small business resource center for marketers by TikTok
TikTok has announced a new Small Business Resource Center as it continues to broaden its business services and added new options: a variety of case studies, innovative resources, and explanators to help SMBs tap into the fast-growing app.
As TikTok explains:
“From success stories to creative tools and free webinars, it has everything you need to grow your small business on our platform.”
As noted, a variety of helpful resources are included in the platform:
- Case studies;
- Creative tools for your campaigns;
- Insights on TikTok advertisement and performance metrics;
- Links to a number of other business tools are also available.
With a complete ban on the app in India and a continuing legal battle for its existence in the US, TikTok has had a rough year. But, despite everything, it continued to expand and is on track to cross a billion users by 2021.
Given this, in the new year, several more brands will certainly be planning to boost their digital marketing campaigns to the short-form video app, and this new resource offers more tips on how to do just that.
Check out the TikTok small business resource center here.
7 clever tips to develop your personal brand & win more clients
Are you searching for ways on how to develop your personal brand and make it stand out?
Our team shared some tips on how to succeed based on our knowledge and experience.
Here is a rundown we have prepared for you:
- Find your niche. Start thinking about what are your interests, passions, where would you like to try yourself, etc. You really need to know your hard and soft skills and think about projects where you were excited to participate.
- Choose a target audience. A great piece of advice would be to build your buyer persona to determine who you need to market. Ask yourself if you are targeting a specific company or tailoring yourself to a recruiter.
- Build a brand personality. Determine the goals and values of your company to create a unique brand personality. Don’t forget to ask yourself “Why?” and define your most integral values.
- Create relevant content. Create and publish exclusive and relevant content to build truthful and strong relationships with your audience. Think about the content you want to create carefully and whether you need promotional content.
- Build your social media presence. Demonstrate your content on popular social media and use relevant industry-specific websites and platforms. Try to make professional content and do not forget about SEO ( google yourself to see what appears).
- Learn to network. Make authentic connections to build a network of references and resources. It’s better to have a mentor and try some informational interviews.
- Sell yourself. Confidence is your friend. When delivering an elevator pitch, it is crucial to speak confidently. Determine why you are different from others and ask yourself whether you can make a mark in 30 seconds.
The marketing calendar for 2021 [Infographic]
It may sound a little premature, even naive, to start preparing for what may or may not come in the upcoming year, considering the chaos which occurred in 2020.
The pandemic and other unexpected changes that seem to have colluded against any kind of strategic planning would have discarded almost any plan you had for this year. But even during unpredictable times, and with the end of the COVID-19 crisis seemingly in sight, the crucial dates and events remain immovable. For now, it’s the time to start planning out a preliminary strategy and thinking about your 2021 strategy.
To assist you with this, we want to share with you a 2021 calendar with main events to stay on top of all key occasions.
Some things might change, might move around, not everything mentioned here will turn out as planned. However, the expectation is that we will, at least at some point, merge back to a certain degree of normality.
So, here comes a handy resource for your reference.